Lions Club of Cabramatta / Cabra-Vale Inc.
On behalf of the Cabramatta Lions Club, Canley Vale High School and Cabramatta High School, we look forward to working for our community in 2014! We serve.
Welcome one and all. Cabramatta is a vibrant suburb located in south-west Sydney between Fairfield and Liverpool, the most multicultural community in Australia.
Please help us make a difference in peoples' lives by joining the Cabramatta Lions Club! We are part of Lions Clubs International, the world's largest volunteer community service organisation.
* Our hardworking Leo Club students are currently collecting money for our NSW Bushfires Appeal and the Philippines Super Typhoon victims, so please contact us for more information and to make a donation.
* Recently, our Leo Club of Canley Vale High School fundraised $1,000 for the Australian Foundation for Disability (AFFORD). We are very proud of our students!
* Thank you for attending our Australia Day celebrations, as we provided the free jumping castle, fairy floss and the official Fairfield City Council BBQ! $6,000 was raised, which was donated to Westmead Hospital and Liverpool Hospital for the purchase of two wheelchairs. Thank you again for buying drinks and bags of rice for our charity fundraiser during Lunar New Year!
* We had a wonderful night organising our annual Cambodian Singing Competition dinner. We also raised funds for the Sovanapoom Care orphanages.
* Cabramatta Lions Club was again invited by Fairfield City Council to host the BBQ at the famous Cabramatta Moon Festival.
* In conjunction with the Iron Chef Restaurant, Canley Vale Leo Club sold hundreds of panda bear puppets with all the proceeds going to school scholarships for the children victims of the Sichuan earthquakes in China.
* We recently sold hundreds of raffle tickets to fundraise for the installation of medical equipment at the Vietnam Da Nang Hospital for Women and Children. We donated a total of $1,600 to the Hoc Mai project, the highest of any Lions Club in Australia.
* Cabramatta Lions Club held a free BBQ for all local residents at the official opening of the McBurney Road Park in Cabramatta.
* Canley Vale Leo Club successfully organised the Karaoke Singing Competition to fundraise for the Fairfield Meals on Wheels, supporting the most vulnerable people in our community, particularly our elderly residents. $2,000 was raised and donated. For the media release, please click here.
Join the Cabramatta Lions Club
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest volunteer community service organisation with over 1.3 million members in over 200 countries and regions globally.
Cabramatta Lions and Leo Clubs members strive to make a difference in our community of south-west Sydney, as well as, in communities around Australia and across the other side of the world. For more information about membership, please click here.
Last updated: 05 March 2014.