Leo Club of Cabramatta High School
Cabramatta Leos Club is a youth wing of the Cabramatta Lions Club. It is made up of young people and is based at Cabramatta High School. Members believe that everyone has something positive to contribute to society. Leos are also part of an international network of future leaders in business, government and communities. Be part of something bigger!
It provides students with the chance to gain life and career skills, including leadership, problem-solving, team work and decision-making, whilst serving our communities, making new friends and having lots of fun!
In 2015, the then District Governor Lorraine Mairinger awarded the prestigious Leo Club of the Year award to Cabramatta High School for being the best club, demonstrating excellence in all avenues of community work. Leos Kimberley Nay Kim, Katrina Trinh and Wendy Lam graciously accepted the award on behalf of all our student volunteers.
LEO stands for leadership, experience and opportunity. Our projects with the Canley Vale Leo Club aim to help people and have included some of the following:
- Collected donations for the NSW Bushfires Appeal, the Nepal Earthquakes and the Philippines Super Typhoon victims, as well as, attended the fundraising dinner organised by the Chinese Associations of Greater Western Sydney;
- Assisted the Lions Club members on the CABRAMATTA 2014 District Convention Host Organising Committee;
- Collected donations for the Westmead Hospital Millennium Institute and Liverpool Hospital to purchase three wheelchairs;
- Sold hundreds of panda bear puppets to fundraise for school scholarships for the children victims of the Sichuan earthquakes in China;
- Sold thousands of raffle tickets to fundraise for the installation of medical equipment at the Vietnam Da Nang Hospital for Women and Children;
- Intensive English Centre IEC Pack for migrants and refugees in need of school supplies;
- Participation in World Vision's 40-Hour Famine fundraising;
- Presentation at the NSW Community Relations Commission Multicultural Youth Network's Young Leaders Day;
- NSW Grandparents Day visits to local elderly nursing homes and hostels, providing gifts and massages;
- Fairfield City Council's Bring It On! Youth Festival, Cabramatta Moon Festival and Lunar New Year Festival fundraising BBQs;
- Fundraiser dinners for additional life-saving machines and equipment at Fairfield Hospital;
- Farmer Help Pack, which contained food supplies to assist farmers through the drought and financial hardship; and
- Donations collected to help victims of earthquakes, tsunamis, bushfires and floods, etc.
Cabramatta Leo Club Executive 2015-16
- President: Wendy L
- Immediate Past President: Kimberley K
- Vice-President: Jordan T
- Secretary: Kayla T
- Treasurer: Kim Ngan N
- Assistant Secretary: Carmen H
- Assistant Treasurer: Josephine L
- Directors: Katrina T and Amanda E
- Membership Chairperson: Jenny I
- Leo Club Advisors: Jenny Tew JP, Harry Wong
- School Advisors: Ms A. Slade, Mr R. Lal
Home | About Us | Canley Vale Leo Club | News | Sponsors | Events | Convention 2014 | Contact Us